Sunday, August 31, 2014

Roof Rafters 18

Are you tired of seeing new posts that start with "Roof Rafters..."? Look at it this way: You cannot possibly be more sick of roof rafters than I am.

Before I could shift gears from the dormers to the roof rafters on the west and east ends of the JayBee, I first removed the ladders and the scaffolding from the living room area...and reveled in the fact that the dormers are done.




Then I turned my attention to end rafters. Aargh...remember these?


I installed the last rafter on the west end of the JayBee, and began installing blocking between the end rafters.


I wish I could say the west end was completely done once the blocking was done on the west end...


...but, alas, I still have to trim the rafter tails. While I was on a roll, though, I started installing blocking on the north side of the JayBee.


And, from the inside looking out.


Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 10
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 13
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 16
Roof Rafters 17
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20
Roof Framing Wrap-Up


This time of year, caterpillars of all types keep showing up in my work area.


At one point while I was installing blocking, I saw this creature crawling up the wall toward me.




Yikes! What is he, exactly? I knocked him off the wall, down onto the ground. When I later climbed back up into the rafters to install the next block, I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if that creature has crawled back up here?" Not so funny. Either the same one had, indeed, crawled back up, or there was another one up there. I knocked it to the ground. Later, I felt something on my hand; when I turned to look, there was one crawling on my hand! Still don't know what they are!

When I was putting things away for the day, I noticed this spiderweb inside a cinderblock. Sitting near the table saw, it has caught a lot of fine sawdust. If you look closely, you will see that there are actually two webs stacked in this tube.


I put a new tarp over the JayBee's west end today. Here is George frolicking on the tarp--as he loves to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment