Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Roof Rafters 13

The rafters in the north dormer are slowly proliferating. Slowly because I keep taking breaks for rain. (How did today's forecast of 0% chance of rain turn into a torrential downpour and then showers throughout the day?!) It is so much work to peel back the tarps from the roof of the JayBee (and put them back afterwards) that I need to be assured of having hours to work rain-free or it's not worth it to begin.

I hit some challenges working in tight spaces. I couldn't get my drill on some of the screws...until I remembered I had this tool that I had never used before. It allows you to turn screws around a corner, and it did the trick.




The next bit will be to install the rafter tails that hang from the dormer out over the top of north wall.

I have been working on my list of rainy-day projects, so I have a few more posts to write. Stay tuned.

Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 10
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 16
Roof Rafters 17
Roof Rafters 18
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20
Roof Framing Wrap-Up


I was on the road today, returning my son to the Appalachian Trail. I hadn't seen him since he began hiking the trail in Georgia back in March. (See his blog.) He took two days off to take a break and skip out on some torrential rain. At least it wasn't raining when he started hiking again today.

Figuring out where he was headed:


He was all groans as his worn-out knees complained over the initial uphill. Much steeper hills to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment