Thursday, September 11, 2014

Roof Framing Wrap-Up

I have some generous people joining me this weekend to help with installing roof sheathing. To that end, I have to finish up all the roof-framing odds and ends. First, I trimmed the rafter tails on the southeast corner.


Then, I trimmed the rafter tails on the northeast corner--so the trimming on the whole east end was done.



Next, I installed blocking all around the east end.


Notice my "helper" up on the east-end bumpout?


Half done...



The blocking on the whole east end is done.




I still have five blocks to install--one on the south side, and four on the north side. I also have to trim the rafter tails on the west end. It's raining today, so it will have to get done tomorrow!

I learned today that I lost my lumber guy. Funny how I thought of Tim at Hammond Lumber as "my lumber guy." He was friendly, helpful, and non-judgmental--just what I needed when putting together lumber orders for my JayBee. Anyway, he has moved to Florida. Tim was also a regular follower of my blog. So, Tim, if you're reading this: Thank you for the help and support. I hope you have fun and a great life in Florida. Even though it seems like it is taking me forever, I will finish this build. I hope you keep following along.

Update: I did get everything done (except trimming the rafter tails on the west end) before we began installing roof sheathing.

Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 10
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 13
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 16
Roof Rafters 17
Roof Rafters 18
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20

Miscellaneous photos--for your entertainment:

I really liked the light on this day:


I am calling my feet "tiger feet" these days. I have worn the same sandals (Keens with a great toe box and good, grippy soles) for so many months now, my feet have developed a very distinctive tan pattern. See who is trying to steal the shot?


That same buddy--on a walk to the waterfront.


Some of the critters that have visited me this week:




Bear just couldn't stand being left out of the action recently.


So, up he climbed.






When he had had enough, he complained a bit--until, finally, he found his way down again.





No comments:

Post a Comment