Monday, August 11, 2014

Roof Rafters 16

How does a woman who has received a diagnosis of severe carpal tunnel in both wrists, and already knew she has severe arthritis in both thumbs build a house by herself? The same way she has been doing it all along--one step at a time, with judicious use of clamps and such to make it as easy and doable as possible.

Further progress on the south dormer...



Today I managed to trim the rafter tails on the south dormer. What a struggle! I was out there in the bright sun, the air wasn't moving at all. I had to move the ladder inside, then outside, then inside, then outside. Several times, I had to retreat from the sun and sweat just so I could breathe. Finally, I was done. This may not seem like much, but I had been worried that I wouldn't figure out a way to cut all the rafter tails to the same length, so this feels like quite an accomplishment.


The JayBee has a new cover! All that dragging of the tarps back and forth over the ridge board and rafters had popped quite a few holes, and rain was starting to leak in. Did I remove a layer or two in the process? No; I couldn't scare up the energy to do that. I wore myself out just getting the new layer up there. So, there are now four layers of tarps that I'm dragging back and forth.


Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 10
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 13
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 17
Roof Rafters 18
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20
Roof Framing Wrap-Up


Every time I move a tarp around, George (and sometimes Bear) comes running over so he can crawl under it. Even when it is baking in the sun!


No comments:

Post a Comment