Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Roof Rafters 17

I trimmed up the rafter tail ends on the north dormer today. At first, I thought it was going to be a quick job because I had the routine down after finishing up the south dormer. Turns out, though, that maneuvering a ladder along the slippery hillside on the north side of the JayBee is really difficult. At least I got the job done.


After I trimmed the rafters, I took a slew of measurements so I can cut some sheathing to cover the wall side of the dormer.

Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 10
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 13
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 16
Roof Rafters 18
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20
Roof Framing Wrap-Up


When I heard some bald eagles making quite a ruckus, I looked up and saw three other raptors flying around. (Only caught two of them in this photo.) Not sure exactly what these are; they look bigger (and certainly differently colored) than bald eagles. Looks like the eagles have some competition. This is exciting. When I first moved here, it was rare to see bald eagles. Now, not only are there a lot of bald eagles, I guess there are also other raptors moving in.


George came into the JayBee this afternoon while I was up in the rafters and talked up a storm. At one point I said, "I hope you're not thinking about climbing up here." (Remember, the last time he did that, he ended up falling instead of climbing back down to the floor.) Well, I turned around, and this is what I saw--George climbing the ladder.


When he got to the top of the ladder, instead of climbing up onto the scaffolding or ceiling joists,


he immediately started trying to find a way back down.


He actually tried to go down the slick side of the ladder, instead of hopping down the rungs--which basically meant he slipped and fell to the bottom! Goodness, this cat is going to end up breaking a leg! He seems to have survived this latest fiasco okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment