Friday, July 18, 2014

Roof Rafters 10

I took a few days off of rafter work to wait out the rain. The break was a good thing. It allowed me to do more downsizing and culling of some of my stuff, and I went back to work on the rafters with renewed energy.

Luckily, I noticed that this spider had taken up residence in my dust mask before I put it on!


While I was taking my break from rafter work, I mulled things over. I also did some research about hurricane ties. I didn't come up with a tie that will work with my diagonal rafters, but I did come up with the idea to use GRK screws in the meantime.



Once the sun came out, I added another diagonal rafter...


...and another one.



Also see:
Roof Rafters 1
Roof Rafters 2
Roof Rafters 3
Roof Rafters 4
Roof Rafters 5
Roof Rafters 6
Roof Rafters 7
Roof Rafters 8
Roof Rafters 9
Roof Rafters 11
Roof Rafters 12
Roof Rafters 13
Roof Rafters 14
Roof Rafters 15
Roof Rafters 16
Roof Rafters 17
Roof Rafters 18
Roof Rafters 19
Roof Rafters 20
Roof Framing Wrap-Up


Bear climbed up the ladder to join me in the rafters today.




He kept hanging out with me, sitting in my lap on the scaffolding...


...so I stood up to try to convince him to go back down to the ground. Then George came in the JayBee. Thankfully, rather than George joining us up in the rafters, Bear chose to go back down.







No comments:

Post a Comment