Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pantry Cabinet 3

So many holes to drill! Since I want the shelves in the back of the cabinet to be adjustable, I had a gazillion peg holes to drill. I was not happy with the first holes I drilled. They came out too ragged...


...so I adjusted my technique. I was happier with the results after that.


I do realize that, if I was not drilling in soft pine, making crisp holes would be easier. Check out how well they came out when I drilled through rock-hard knots.


I don't even want to know how many holes I drilled in both sides of these boards!


I wasn't only drilling holes for shelf pegs. I pre-drilled all the holes needed for the cabinet-assembly screws, and for installing the casters on the bottom of the cabinet.



Finally, I could assemble the cabinet.






Next, I have a lot of holes to plug, and cabinet doors to install.

Also see:
Pretending It's Spring (Pantry Cabinet 1)
Pantry Cabinet 2
Pantry Cabinet 4
Pantry Cabinet 5
Pantry Cabinet 6
Pantry Cabinet 7
Pantry Cabinet 8
Pantry Cabinet 9


Check out who's been hangin' with me every day. Mr Energy, he is.



2 comments: