Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pocket Door 5

Another rainy-day project I have done is work on the pocket door I made for the bathroom in the JayBee. I sanded the whole thing several times. Then I carved holes into the door to accommodate the hardware.

First, I carved the holes needed for the pull out handle that will go on the edge of the door.


Then I carved the two holes on either side of the door--for the side handles. Here's a rough hole about a third of the way through the process.


Here is the same hole, all done and ready for the handle.


A side handle set in place.


Both a side handle and the edge handle set in place.



I think I want to stain the door. Unfortunately, I think there are some glue stains on the door that I cannot sand off. How could I have been so careless?! I think of myself as being meticulously careful when working with glue--but the stains are there nonetheless. I have to keep pondering this one.

Also see:
Pocket Door 1
Pocket Door 2
Pocket Door 3
Pocket Door 4
Pocket Door 6


No comments:

Post a Comment