Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why? What's the Point?

I've had a few conversations with people recently who are new to checking out my project. As usually happens, they were a bit puzzled about why I am putting so much energy into a house that is so tiny, on a trailer, just the first of TWO intended houses, so much more work than using a yurt or clunker mobile home for a few years, etc. If you're a new visitor/follower here, have similar questions, and don't want to read this blog from the beginning, I recommend two posts:

Long Time Comin'

Why don't you just...?

Those posts attempt to explain the dreams, desires, and conditions that have led to the decisions I've made. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. The thought of living in a house I built with my own two hands, with no mortgage and a low cost of ownership would be enough justification for ME to build/live-in a tiny house. No doubt you have weighed the options and established the path that works for YOU. And that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "because I want to" sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people genuinely are trying to understand my unconventional approach/decisions. (Okay, there was the man who adamantly repeated "You can't do that!" I laughed, thinking he was kidding. He wasn't. Unfortunately, we were dating at the time; yet another clue that that relationship had no future. :-) I have taken the "different road" often enough in my life that I'm used to people shaking their heads. Life is too short to live it by others' terms/rules. "Because I want to" works for me, too.

    ReplyDelete