Monday, November 10, 2014

Roofing 1

I always feel a little thrill when I pull the tarps back and see the JayBee uncovered--especially now that the eave trim and roof sheathing are on it.


Before I could start installing drip edge, I had to get all the schmutz (left over from when I drilled all the ventilation holes along the ridge board) off the roof. I thought I could stand on a ladder and use a broom to do this, but that didn't work. I didn't have enough leverage from that angle to work the broom effectively.


My only option was to get back up on the roof. At least the view from there is always rewarding.


See? Schmutz everywhere.


Especially in the dormer valleys.



After spending hours getting the roof cleaned off, I could begin installing drip edge.

The first piece on the roof!


Then three more pieces.




I think I'm off to a good start.

Also see:
Roofing 2
Roofing 3
Roofing 4
Roofing 5
Roofing 6
Roofing 7
Roofing 8
Roofing 9
Roofing 10
Roofing 11
Roofing 12
Roofing 13
Roofing 14
Roofing 15
Roofing 16
Roofing 17


From the rooftop, I could see that George was not as concealed as he is when the foliage is on all the plants. He slept in this spot for hours.


Bear was very frisky today. At one point, he climbed a ladder and crawled up under a tarp to get on the JayBee's roof. I ran in the house to get my camera...and caught him on his way back down.


He also kept getting in my way--like here, where he is blocking my way on the staging.


No comments:

Post a Comment