Friday, July 17, 2015

Siding (West Wall) 1

Before I began to install shingles on the west end of the JayBee, I installed this piece of trim. Can you guess why it's there? (Answer below.)


The starter course installed.


After I had half of the first official course of shingles installed...


I realized I had forgotten to put flashing on the outer corners of the bumpout. Oops! I went ahead and installed it at this point.


After I finished installing the first row, half of my mistake was hidden.


After the second row was done, my mistake was completely hidden.


[Answer: The trim at the bottom of the west end is where the JayBee's license plate will hang if/when it travels down the road.]

Also see:
Siding (West Wall) 2
Siding (West Wall) 3
Siding (West Wall) 4
Siding (West Wall) 5
Siding (West Wall) 6
Siding (West Wall) 7
Siding (West Wall) 8
Siding (West Wall) 9
Siding (West Wall) 10


Summertime low tide on the river.





No comments:

Post a Comment