Thursday, June 14, 2018

Just When Things are Ticking Along... (Interior Walls 8)

... I get completely bogged down. I chose to use a board with a dramatic curve in it for the next row up on the north wall. My thinking was that, since it would mostly be hidden in the closet, it might be a good place to use it. Wrong-headed thinking! It looks okay installed now, but what a long, slow, nightmare getting it up there.


This top board is the one that gave me such fits. The notches I carved out of the top of it had nothing to do with its curvature; those were necessary in order to be able to lift it high enough to get the notch of the board engaged on the next row down without getting it hung up on the underside of the loft joists.


When I moved on to finishing up the last few boards in the east-end bumpout, I became even more bogged down! I spent an entire day on one board. I made four messes like the one below before I finally had the board done.


I wish I could declare this bumpout completely done but, of course, there is still a lot of trim to be installed at some point.


These are the last two wall boards in the bumpout up under the ceiling.


The view from the floor--looking up.


Once I finished with the bumpout, I immediately filled it up with stuff...


... so I could free up space in the south side of the bed alcove. This wall is next!


Also see:
Interior Walls 1
Interior Walls 2
Interior Walls 3
Interior Walls 4
Interior Walls 5
Interior Walls 6
Interior Walls 7
Interior Walls 9
Interior Walls 10
Interior Walls 11
Interior Walls 12
Interior Walls 13
Interior Walls 14
Interior Walls 15


The eagles were calling all day today. At one point, it occurred to me that someone was continuously calling right overhead. When I opened the JayBee door and looked up, this is what I saw.


Can't see it? It's right here. (To my eye, it seemed clearly obvious. To the camera, not so much.)


2 comments: