Thursday, May 31, 2018

More Wall Progress (Interior Walls 5)

I took a few vacation days off of work so, even with the long weekend merry-making, I have made a little more progress on the JayBee.

After adding some more boards in the bathroom...


... I spent a lot of time pondering this vent pipe.


The top of it needs to be framed in so the wall boards can cover the outside of it. On the bottom part, the wall boards need to run behind the vent pipe because water pipes will run along the wall behind the toilet and around the corner behind the vent pipe to the bathroom sink in the bumpout. After those water pipes are installed, I will construct a narrow counter-height cabinet that covers the water pipes and the vent.

After much futzing, I installed this framing around the upper part of the vent pipe.


And I installed more boards on the bottom of the wall.




In the living room, I installed more rows of boards.







Before I installed this next board in the back end of the closet, I realized there was a problem.


That board really should run the whole length of the east outside wall--over the top of the bedroom wall framing.


Which means I need to install some wall boards on the east wall (including in the east end bumpout) up to the height of the boards on the north wall. Unfortunately, the east end bumpout has been full of tools for years.


I have said many times that I spend 80% of my construction time moving things around and reorganizing. I've been told this is the case with all construction projects but I think it must be even more so when working on a tiny house. Space is so limited!

After moving the tools to the base of this finished wall...


... I now have room to work on the east end.



Also see:
Interior Walls 1
Interior Walls 2
Interior Walls 3
Interior Walls 4
Interior Walls 6
Interior Walls 7
Interior Walls 8
Interior Walls 9
Interior Walls 10
Interior Walls 11
Interior Walls 12
Interior Walls 13
Interior Walls 14
Interior Walls 15


I have some lupines again this year! For many years, I had a whole hillside of them. Then, last year, not one. It's nice to have them back.


I have some trimming to do on my front hillside. When I stand on the lawn, this is my blocked view of the river.


Standing up on the deck is not much better. Not only have I been focused on housebuilding rather than this... In the past, I have ended up with a bad case of poison ivy after trimming this hillside. That is definitely a huge disincentive!


No comments:

Post a Comment