Saturday, May 5, 2018

Interior Walls 2

I made some progress on the kitchen wall.



I am strategizing how I can speed up my process so this doesn't take me forever.

Also see:
Interior Walls 1
Interior Walls 3
Interior Walls 4
Interior Walls 5
Interior Walls 6
Interior Walls 7
Interior Walls 8
Interior Walls 9
Interior Walls 10
Interior Walls 11
Interior Walls 12
Interior Walls 13
Interior Walls 14
Interior Walls 15


In the meantime, I have wiped these various mud splatters off the JayBee's door and entryway for five days in a row.


I knew they were put there by birds who are eager to build their nest. Every time I would see new mud, I would immediately look up and reassure myself that my nest arrestors were in place and blocking birds from building nests on my entryway lights.


What I failed to notice until yesterday was that the mud in the entryway was minimal compared to the amount collecting on one of the south side windowsills.


And on that window...


And on the south wall...


This is what I found when I looked up under the eave! Those clever, nasty birds!


Okay, ruthless action was required. I have removed the nest (thankfully no eggs yet), and now I'm checking the outside of the house every day. There were also two significant mud pats stuck on the back side of the JayBee as well. Why are they so attracted to living here? <sigh>

Other signs of spring, even though one might think it was summer already. Last Wednesday it reached the high 80s.



I thought George was done going on long walks with me. He has been stopping part way down the driveway and waiting for me to return.


With this recent exception!


We've been having very high tides.


One morning this week, there was a perfect reflection of the far shore on the still surface of the river.


No comments:

Post a Comment