Monday, August 1, 2016

Siding (North Wall) 1

Using the guide, I installed the underneath layer of the bottom course of shingles.


I lowered the guide by a half inch and installed the upper layer of the bottom course. By hanging the outer layer a half inch below the inner layer, it helps ensure that water sheds off, rather than wicking up the bottom edge.


I had hoped to get the whole second course installed before the day ended. However, I only had the shingles installed over the wheel well (more than half way down toward the west end) when I had to put everything away and give in to the rain.


Also see:
Siding (North Wall) 2
Siding (North Wall) 3
Siding (North Wall) 4
Siding (North Wall) 5
Siding (North Wall) 6
Siding (North Wall) 7
Siding (North Wall) 8
Siding (North Wall) 9
Siding (North Wall) 10
Siding (North Wall) 11
Siding (North Wall) 12
Siding (North Wall) 13
Siding (North Wall) 14
Siding (North Wall) 15

No comments:

Post a Comment