Sunday, September 18, 2016

Siding (North Wall) 11

Well, I lost momentum there for awhile...busy work weeks, rain making the north hillside wet, visiting with family over Labor Day weekend, blah, blah, blah...

I did spend a bunch of time doing things that were important to the house project, but not very photo-worthy--bending over hundreds of staples on the inside of the house, caulking around the exterior of windows (a job I loathe), etc.

Finally, I returned to shingling the north side of the house. By constantly moving ladders around and...


...using some makeshift staging...


I got another row of shingles installed.




And, then, another one.



It's wet out there again, so I'm back to working on other things!

Also see:
Siding (North Wall) 1
Siding (North Wall) 2
Siding (North Wall) 3
Siding (North Wall) 4
Siding (North Wall) 5
Siding (North Wall) 6
Siding (North Wall) 7
Siding (North Wall) 8
Siding (North Wall) 9
Siding (North Wall) 10
Siding (North Wall) 11
Siding (North Wall) 12
Siding (North Wall) 13
Siding (North Wall) 14
Siding (North Wall) 15


A couple of days ago, my eyes were drawn to this patch of bright fluorescent orange/pink on the grass to the east of the JayBee. It looked like someone had spray-painted a spot on the grass. Since I had done no such thing, I was puzzled. When I touched it with my foot, I realized it wasn't paint.


When I turned around, I discovered that somehow light was refracting through this reflector and onto the ground. If you look closely, you can see the spot on the grass, even from this angle. Odd.


No comments:

Post a Comment