Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Surviving Sandy

I guess we were spared the worst--at least compared to many states south of us. It didn't seem that way during the night last night. It was hard to sleep with the storm howling around, and the cats sleeping on top of me and twitching at every noise. (Bear slept on my face so much, my sinuses are all plugged up this morning.) I gave up checking on the JayBee because seeing the tarps straining against their ropes just made me too nervous. I woke up again at 3:00am; at that point, the predominate feature of the storm here shifted from wind to torrential rain. It sounded like I was in the middle of a river, there was so much water rushing everywhere.

This morning, things look fine. Listening to the news, I'd guess the winds did not top 50-60 mph here. The power is still on. It appears that not one drop of rain got inside the JayBee, and the tarps all look intact. Phew! Dodged that one. My sympathies to those who took the brunt of this storm.



The cats are well, and much calmer today.


No comments:

Post a Comment