Monday, October 29, 2012

Storm Prep 2

When I left for work this morning, this is how the JayBee looked.


When I got home from work, the wind was in the low 20s mph and the top tarp on the JayBee looked and sounded like a sail. Made sense, since the wind of the storm was coming out of the east northeast, but not good.


I used the last bit of daylight to secure the east end of the JayBee with many more ropes. I highly recommend learning and using real knots. I've been using bowlines and tautline hitches--the two knots used on these ropes--for more than 35 years. I can tie them very quickly without hesitation, and feel assured that I'll be able to untie them when I want, even if they get pulled very tight when wet.


The wind is HOWLING out there now. I still have power, but wind is whistling through every crack in this house. The cats are freaked and clinging. I checked on the JayBee; so far, so good. Not much rain yet; I'm sure that will come. We'll see what the morning brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment