Sunday, October 28, 2012

Storm (Sandy) Preparation 1

The first thing I did to prepare for Hurricane Sandy was to put another huge tarp over the top of the JayBee. The whole time I was wrestling with the thing, I kept wondering if it would do any good. If the winds are strong enough, would any tarp do any good? During Hurricane Irene last year, tarps did keep the floor of the JayBee dry, even if I did end up having to bail many gallons of water out of the JayBee after the storm.

Then, I turned my attention to the yard. I had sun shades and large tools to move...


...and piles of lumber to weigh down with cinder blocks.


As I labored away, I admired the rising moon.


I took this next photo before I was completely done because I was running out of light. I took the ropes left laying in the driveway and used them to tie down the tarps on the JayBee extra well; it was so dark by then, I had to do it by flashlight. I moved cinder blocks all over the yard to hold down tarps on all the wood piles.


That's the best I can do. We'll see what happens these next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment