We had some incredible thunderstorms last night, so everything was drenched this morning. I had a bit of bailing to do.
At the beginning of the day, the fog was so thick I couldn't even see the river. It took until mid morning for it all to burn off.
I knew that I wouldn't be able to make much progress until I began to attach the floor joists to the trailer. Sure enough; once I committed (and got the first one attached), I made a lot of progress. I put a bead of adhesive on the underside of each joist and screwed it down--using 24" o.c. spacing.
I decided the joists over the wheel wells should have spacers between them on the outer edges--so the edges of the plywood will be supported. I had just the pieces of wood to use for this--pieces left over from our raft of years ago. (See Doing vs. Talking post about the raft trip.) It makes me smile to think that part of the raft will be incorporated in my new tiny house.
By the end of the day, I had even cut some of the pieces to make the bumpouts on the ends of the trailer. The small bumpout on the bathroom end...
and the larger bumpout on the bedroom end.
Good progress today!