Monday, October 17, 2016

Warm Day!

I thought today was going to be a re-set day--cleaning out the JayBee to get ready for the next phase of building, putting away shingle-related stuff, etc. But, once I got out there and realized how incredibly warm it was (mid 70s!), I knew I had to use the warm day for other things.

When I first built the front steps, I only stained the top cedar boards. I left the pressure-treated structural boards alone--to weather before I stained them. Well, today was the day! I disassembled the three sections, and started staining.


In process...


I even re-stained the tops, complete with the gritty stuff that keeps them from getting too slippery when wet.


Done!
(Yes, it won't be long before I have to move the steps out of the way of the plow guy. <sigh>)


Staining the steps took me longer than I'd anticipated (doesn't everything?!). Even so, I still managed to get the caulk applied around the lower east-end window. Four more windows to go.


On a different note, I think I have enough pears now to make some pear sauce.


There are still over a hundred pears in the tree. All too high to reach, I have to wait for them to hit the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment