Tuesday, March 20, 2018

More Clothes Closet

Not much sign of spring yet--except for the ducks and geese starting to return to the river. Brrr! It's been so cold! The river is mostly open, but sheets of ice and icebergs float by occasionally.



It is challenging getting much work done on the JayBee in this weather. It's cold, and navigating back and forth between the JayBee and the tarp garage to use the saws is not fun. Then, I track wet and mud into the JayBee--ugh. The days are longer, though, and I am determined, so I have made progress with the east section of the clothes closet.

Here is the east wall mostly done.


And the north wall...


The south wall underway...


...and done.


I cannot access my wood stores at the moment; the deep snow and ice are blocking the door. I found a few scraps in the JayBee--out of which I crafted some trim pieces. After adding the backing trim to the ironing-board cupboard, I joined the north and east walls.


Then I added the south wall.


The framing for the east side of the closet is pretty much done! I think I might paint it all now (before adding the hinge to attach it to the north wall of the JayBee), while I can flip it around and get to all its parts, but that can wait for a warmer day.

More snow is supposed to move in tomorrow night into Thursday. That's just the way we roll up here (along with the rest of the northeast, apparently)--endless winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment