Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Siding (South Wall) 5

I was expecting rain yesterday, so I decided to switch my attention to dealing with the shingle staples on the inside of the JayBee. This is what the inside of the sheathing looks like after I staple courses of shingles to the outside. My plan had been to bend over all the staples on the inside to ensure that shingles would not peel off the house if/when it travels down the road. I was hesitant to pound on the staples with a hammer because I worried that that might shatter some of the shingles. I briefly considered not bending the staples at all, just pressing the insulation onto the staple ends, but leaving all these staples protruding this far into the wall would make running the wiring a very hazardous job.


In the end, I remembered that I have a heavy, thick piece of metal left over from an office chair I disassembled awhile ago. I can use it to bend over the staples without pounding. Bending the staples this way keeps me from shattering the shingles, and also saves my hands and wrists from extra pounding vibration. I am happy with this solution! It takes time, of course, but that's not new; everything I do on this house takes me a lot of time.


I finished up the design in the seventh course of shingles.



Also see:
Siding (South Wall) 1
Siding (South Wall) 2
Siding (South Wall) 3
Siding (South Wall) 4
Siding (South Wall) 6
Siding (South Wall) 7
Siding (South Wall) 8
Siding (South Wall) 9
Siding (South Wall) 10
Siding (South Wall) 11
Siding (South Wall) 12
Siding (South Wall) 13
Siding (South Wall) 14
Siding (South Wall) 15
Siding (South Wall) 16
Siding (South Wall) 17
Siding (South Wall) 18

No comments:

Post a Comment