Monday, April 16, 2018

Patriots' Day

This is Patriots' Day. Boston Marathon day. (I hope the runners didn't freeze!) April 16--halfway through April. And it's snowing outside.

I complained a little while ago in this blog about spring not arriving quickly enough. It's over a month later, and not much has changed. This is definitely the winter that will not quit.

From a storm about ten days ago...




Mid way through today's storm...



The extreme chill keeps dampening my enthusiasm for working on the JayBee. I have managed to pick away at some minor projects--nothing too photo worthy. I put some primer paint on the east section of the clothes closet back when we had a semi-warm day. We haven't had another one of those for awhile. I have drawn some more of the storage cupboards for above the refrigerator and washer/dryer, and for under the bed. I purchased some more hardware for the interior. I also think I have made a decision about the interior door and window trim. I've been thinking about it forever--researching possibilities, wanting it to have a simple profile without looking clunky. Then, at a work retreat a few weeks ago, I saw this trim that is not too fancy. It has a simple bead along just the bottom edge of the top piece of trim.



Blah, blah, blah. Still waiting for spring to arrive for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment