Monday, July 11, 2016

AGAIN! Plumbing...NOT (Hard to Believe, I Know)

My regular followers know that I have been trying for years to hire a plumber to run the plumbing in the JayBee. No exaggeration. Years.

My latest/current plumber was scheduled to arrive early this morning to start installing plumbing. Since the inside of the JayBee was completely trashed (insulation and spray-foam bits everywhere, and no room to move), I got up at the crack of dawn (truly, I got up with the sunrise) to clean the place out. I moved out tools that I'm not using much at this stage of construction (to open up some space), I rearranged everything to empty out the west end of the house--where all the plumbing goes, and I vacuumed the whole house. I opened all the windows (for air flow), I ran the power cord for the plumbers to use, and I hung out the awning (to keep the place cool while the plumbers worked).


I waited.

And waited.

Got so bored waiting that I mowed the whole lawn.

Went back into the JayBee and trimmed some more cured spray foam from around the windows. Cleaned up the resulting mess.

Did all the little tasks and chores I could think of.

At 1:45pm, I called the plumber and left a message that said that, since he hadn't shown up and hadn't called, I was assuming he was not going to be here today--and I could leave to run errands.

At 2:00pm, the plumber called me back. Said he'd lost my number (second time in as many calls that he has said that). Told me way too much information about medical issues and procedures... Anyway, we're rescheduled for Friday. I will not be holding my breath. In fact, if he shows up and installs some plumbing, I just might pass out!

In the meantime... wildlife encounters.

This cardinal was loud today. Caught him flying...

...and singing in this bush.

A new drop in the driveway from an eagle. (Each of these things that eagles drop in the driveway are always completely gone the next day. I don't know if the eagles retrieve them, or if a raccoon or other critter cleans up.)

I did not catch a photo of the most exciting encounter. I was starting to walk down the driveway to take something to the trash bin, when a fawn bounded around the corner at the bottom of the drive and raced up the driveway toward me. I froze and gaped. Such a cutie--spindly legs, and large white spots. It kept sprinting until it was about 15 feet in front of me, and then it took a sharp turn and bounded into the woods. Even though I could no longer see the fawn, I stood still and waited. I thought another deer (its mother maybe?) might follow along. Nope. That was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment