Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Trim and Ventilation 4

I finished installing all the trim around the roof, and it's all stained as well. I sure got lucky with the weather!



Today, with temperatures in the 70s, I spent the day up on the roof, drilling ventilation holes at the tops of the rafter bays, along the ridge boards. It took me quite a while to get a rhythm going because I was so afraid of being up on that roof, and worried that I would drill holes in the wrong places.


If there wasn't a house in the way, I'd have quite a view of the river!


The first few holes I drilled...


...with a long way to go...


Finally, with the sun rapidly going down, I finished drilling all the holes!


The trim gives the house a more finished look, eh?



Once the tarps were back on the roof, it sort of looked like a spaceship from the inside.



Next up: I have to figure out where the plumbing vent and two propane vents will go through the roof. I have to order the roofing. Then, it's on to installing underlayment and roofing!

Also, I met with an electrician today, and I think I have a lead on a plumber--finally. There could be a lot of progress made on the JayBee in short order.

Also see:
Trim and Ventilation 1
Trim and Ventilation 2
Trim and Ventilation 3
Trim and Ventilation 5


Not sure what this bird is, but it sure caught my attention today.



George and I went on a walk to the riverfront yesterday.






No comments:

Post a Comment