Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain ALL Week

I don't think it could have been any more gray or more wet than it was this week. Rain and fog, then harder rain and thicker fog. The river has been a little flooded all week--although nowhere near as dramatic and devastating as what the Mississippi has been doing this week.








Good things about the rain this week:
- Working hard this week was easier to take than it would have been if sunny, warm weather had been beckoning.
- I wasn't on a bicycling trip this week.
- Can't imagine there will be a high risk of forest fires any time soon.
- All the plant life has come to life this week. When the sun comes out, it is going to be very springy green!

I've been trying to come up with some positive effect the rain will have on this weekend's JayBee project, but I just can't. I took delivery this week of the footings and cinder blocks I will use to jack up and level the trailer. Also, the trailer anchors arrived. So, I will be crawling around in the deep mud... Quoting my niece, Frida: "Good! I like getting dirty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment