Monday, March 25, 2019

Small Winter Projects

Even though I didn't work out in the JayBee during the worst of the cold and ice this winter, I tried to keep the project moving forward by thinking through plans (like totally changing my mind about energy and appliances--for a future post), designing some storage cupboards, sewing curtains, and creating a few small things. The project below turned my old house into a wood shop. Sawdust everywhere--what a mess! Can you guess what it is? The answer is at the bottom of this post.


I also made a number of functional, decorative boxes...


and put them to use in drawers that will be used in the JayBee. Everything in its place!



I also made some extra boxes that I haven't put to use yet.


And that wooden rack? It sits on top of my pot rack (that will be installed in the JayBee) so I can store stock pots on top.


6 comments:

  1. Did the mutant chimeric heater/stove make the cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi DWR! I bet you're the only one who has followed my blog all this time AND remembers me blogging about my wonderful kitchen stove/heater--which I am still using in my kitchen right now, and has helped get me through yet another winter. Even though it makes me very sad to write this, I have to say that gem will not be moving into the JayBee. I guess this means I need to write that post explaining the recent huge shift in my plans for energizing the JayBee. Maybe I'll get to that this coming weekend...
    Hope all is well with you and the cats! (I was going to use the word "minions" but that word doesn't really fit cats at all. Overlords?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to check for an answer after I posted this. Sad story about the cats--I had to move and the cats had to go. I managed to find homes for them all, tho I thought I'd be able to keep my favorite, she had to go too at the last minute. I found her an especially good home, and have permission to visit her, which I have not done yet, but will soon. But only once just to see that she's doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this brought tears to my eyes! So sad to hear you are sans cats these days. Kudos for all the re-homing, though. Amazing feat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The previous inhabitant of my current living space left behind a very cute and soft stuffed animal. I'm currently hard at work on "BunnyBot."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm picturing you surrounded by bots. Hmm. Do they do all the household chores?

    ReplyDelete