Monday, March 25, 2019

Beginnings of Spring

One recent day, while pursuing a shot of the horse and sulky training on my road, I turned around and caught this view of the JayBee. So cute!


It's been a number of years since there's been someone training for harness racing on my road. 





They turn around at the foot of my driveway on each loop.




Crazy cardinal is still doin' his thing.

 


I imagine the eagles will be building nests soon.


For the record: Three sightings of foxes and one barred owl in my yard--though not caught on camera. First owl I've ever seen in my yard! Apparently barred owls are flourishing in Maine this year. (See story.)

Incredible early moon rise--before the ice went out.


Looks like an ordinary empty box, right?


Surprise! Even elderly cats love boxes.


Due to worries about potential flooding, the Coast Guard broke up the river ice before last Friday's heavy rain. Open moving water!




No comments:

Post a Comment