Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Catch-Up 3: Moving Day!

This was the day of the big move. The JayBee only had to be moved a few dozen feet; so close, yet so far.


Lots of planning, and checking, and adjusting, and hemming and hawing. I just stood back and let these guys figure things out. I had wondered if I would be too nervous to watch this process...
It turned out that these guys were very careful, and thoughtful, and gentle--so I trusted them to do a good job and was pretty relaxed during the move.


While I waited for the plans to become fully formed, I wandered around and took pictures of ducks.


I had wondered if I might need to buy new tires for the JayBee's move. They had sat in the same spot, buried in mud, for nine years, and they had no air in them. Did I ever get lucky, though! It took a lot of work but, eventually, all six tires held air again for the move.


Starting to move. The excavator was used to move the JayBee because it made pivoting in tight quarters much easier.





Starting the jackknife turn towards the new foundation...


Doesn't look like those tires are going to make it up onto the slab, does it?!


A number of boards wedged this way and that...


And there she goes.



Lots of assessing and tweaking the final position.



And, there she is. The JayBee in her new home. Ta da!






No comments:

Post a Comment