Saturday, April 18, 2020

You Know You're Taking Too Long (to build your house)...

...when it's been ages since anyone has seen any progress on your build but you're posting about anything but building progress.

Since my body is doing better (including having had shoulder surgery just before this pandemic took hold, thankfully) and I'm stuck at home (as is everyone else), I'm starting to get myself organized to make progress on the JayBee.

Here is something I accomplished last fall before the snow flew. I permanently installed nest arrestors on the back side of the house to prevent nest building on the house this spring. I removed the nest from above the bathroom fan...


...and built a nest arrestor out of shingles.

 




Once I finished that, it dawned on me that I could make a bigger version to sit on top of the air exchanger.




I haven't come up with an idea for something that I would like to permanently install over the lights on the front side of the JayBee to prevent nest building there--so I'm continuing to use these cardboard nest arrestors during the non-winter seasons.



No comments:

Post a Comment