Monday, August 21, 2017

Hiding Wires & Electrical Boxes 3

Beginning work to hide the wiring to the light in the clothes closet...


Here's the finished trim ready to install.


And installed.


Final round piece installed.


Below is the wiring to the light in the narrow storage closet.


First parts of the trim installed.


All done!


While I was working on that last closet light, I noticed that there were some more exposed wires that I needed to cover. From inside the bed alcove, looking towards the rest of the house, there were exposed wires running along the ceiling joist closest to the living room.


First, I installed boards above and below the wires.


And, then, finished trimming out the joist. VoilĂ ! Wires hidden.


Installing all of this trim required using lots of small pieces of wood. I have been teased about the wood scraps I save. Those scraps came in handy! Here is what is left over. No, I won't be saving these.



I took out a couple of light fixtures to hold them up to the trim I installed--to see how they would look.

Here is one of the closet lights.


Here is one of the kitchen lights.


Also see:

Hiding Wires 1
Hiding Wires 2


Today was eclipse day. I ended up being glad I decided not to purchase special glasses. Even though I kept looking outside the JayBee all afternoon, there was not the slightest difference in the amount of daylight or the quality of the light during the entire time the eclipse was occurring. Guess I need to wait until 2024 when the path of a solar eclipse will bisect Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment