Monday, February 13, 2017

Blizzard!

Snow has fallen for the last four days! The whiteout conditions were so bad today that many towns and the Maine DOT pulled their plows off the roads because it was too dangerous to be out there with zero visibility.














It's supposed to snow more tonight, so it's not over yet!


Update: 14 February 2017 (Valentine's Day!)

When I pulled my car out of the snowbank, this is what was left.


See the streak marks around the inside of the snowbank? That's how dirty my car was! It left a car-print on the snow. The banks here are mid-thigh to waist high. We got somewhere around 20 inches of snow during the last storm, but the high winds created very deep drifts. Not fun shoveling, that's for sure. More snow due tomorrow (Wed) into Thursday. I need to get the snow off the roof (since the ice dams are already thick), but I don't know where to dump it. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment